ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CLOSED
IMiA 2017 CALL FOR POSTER ABSTRACTS
Abstracts for poster presentations are now being accepted for the 4th International Medicine in Addiction Conference 2017.
If you wish to submit an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Program Committee, you must also intend to register for the Conference. Please submit your abstract using the online portal.
|Call for abstracts opens||CLOSED|
|Registration opens||15 September 2016|
|Call for abstracts closes||CLOSED|
|Authors notified||28 November 2016|
|Early bird registration closes||12 December 2016|
|IMiA17 Conference||24-26 March 2017|
Abstracts will be accepted for poster presentations only.
A poster presentation constitutes a visual display of research projects. Your poster must not extend beyond the boundaries of your display board – one display board will be allocated per poster. The poster display will be an integral part of the program with dedicated times for delegates to interact with poster authors and ask questions. Full details of the format and display of Posters will be detailed within acceptance notifications sent to nominated presenting authors.
The International Medicine in Addiction Conference (IMiA) 2017 is seeking abstracts relevant to the following themes:
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS – POSTER PRESENTATION
Abstract submission is a three step process:
Abstract template: Download the Abstract Template, save to your desktop and complete it. Use the template to present your abstract in the required format. Abstracts submitted not using the correct template will be returned for correction.
- Your abstract should be no more than 250 words, excluding references, title and affiliations.
- Text must be in Arial, single-spaced and justified.
- Maximum of two references.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- Your abstract should clearly, and where applicable, concisely outline the Background, Objectives, Methods, Findings and Conclusions.
- After completing the template, move onto step 2.
Creating an account/log in into the Speakers Portal
Firstly you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. To begin, please click on the button above entitled “SUBMIT ABSTRACT”.
Once you have done this and you have not previously submitted an abstract please click “Create New Account”. Your contact details will be required to create the account. You will be automatically logged in, as well as emailed a password for future use.
Once you’ve created an account within this portal you can upload the abstract, review briefing notes, register for the Conference and review speaker terms and conditions at any time by logging in.
Submitting your Abstract
Click on “New Abstract.” You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- The Title of your Abstract
- Name and Organisation of all Co-Presenters and Co-Authors
- A brief biography of the Presenting Author, the biography should be no more than 100 words
- Your Completed Template.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form
- Submission of your abstract/s implies you have read, understood and comply with the Terms and Conditions as outlined on the website and the speaker portal.
CONFIRMING YOUR SUBMISSIONS
You are required to double check your abstract has uploaded correctly. If you have any concerns, please contact the Conference Office on T +61 3 9645 6311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTIFICATION TO AUTHORS
Authors of submitted poster abstracts will be notified of the outcome by 28 November 2016. Please note the details provided as the author contact should be for the nominated main contact for your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-presenters.
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the Conference Office:
International Medicine in Addiction 2017 Conference Office: